First National Free Checking
At First National, we believe customer interactions are based on relationships, not transactions. First National Free Checking confirms our commitment to you and the community. This is not a "one time offer," but a demonstration of our ongoing dedication to put customers first. No hidden fees. No surprises. No hoops to jump through. Just honest banking with no strings attached.
Checking Account Features:
- No monthly service fee
- No minimum deposit to open or minimum balance requirement
- One Overdraft or Return Item fee Forgiveness every 12 months1
- Free and non - withdrawals (other bank and ATM operators' surcharges may apply)
- Free statements - online or paper
- Free Debit Card Fraud Monitoring
- Free cashier's checks
- Free incoming wires
- Free stop payments
Additional Features and Benefits:
- Free Visa® Debit Card
- Free Online Banking, BillPay, and Account Alerts
- Free Mobile Banking - pay bills, deposit checks and transfer money
- 0.25% rate discount on Auto, Home Equity and Personal Loans
- $200 Mortgage closing cost credit - see a Mortgage Loan Officer for complete details
- $25 Safe Deposit Box discount
Existing Customer - Switch to First National Free Checking
If you’ve been a customer with us for a while – you may be in one of our retired checking products. We encourage you to compare your current checking account with First National Free Checking to see all the great benefits that you could receive. It’s easy to switch from your current account – just fill out this form and we’ll take care of the rest. Thank you for banking with us!
First National Premier Checking
If you maintain a combined average daily balance of $15,000 in your First National Free Checking, Savings, Money Market, CD and IRA accounts, you may want to consider First National Premier Checking. Call 888-313-5831 to upgrade your account today.
Receive all the benefits of First National Free Checking, plus:
- Earn interest on your account
- Premium rates on Savings, Money Market, CD and IRA accounts
- $400 Mortgage closing cost credit - see a Mortgage Loan Officer for details
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: You say this is a free checking account with no hidden fees - what's the catch?
A: There's no catch. First National Bank has a history of doing what's right for our customers. You told us you were concerned about fees and we listened.
- Q: I'm a business customer. Can I get the same benefits on my business checking account?
A: First National Free Checking is currently a consumer product only, however, please check out our Small Business or Corporate Banking websites for a listing of our available products and services.
- Q: How does Overdraft or Return Item fee Forgiveness work? Will the Overdraft or Return Item Fee automatically be reversed?
A: If you are eligible for Overdraft or Return Item fee Forgiveness at the time of your occurrence, the fee will be automatically waived. Overdraft or Return Item fee Forgiveness will waive one Overdraft or Return Item fee every 12 months from the date of your last automatic refund. For example, if an Overdraft or Return Item fee is automatically waived on January 1st of this year, your next eligibility date would be January 1st of the following year.
- Q: How quickly will you forgive the Overdraft or Return Item fee?
A: We will be able to confirm and issue the forgiveness the same business day - automatically.
- Q: Will I be charged an Overdraft Item fee if my account is overdrawn?
A: Our Overdraft Item Fee is $33 per item (max 4 per day). We will not charge this fee if 1) your balance is overdrawn by $20 or less or 2) the transaction overdrawing your account is $20 or less. Our Return Item Fee is $33 per item (max 4 per day). We will not charge this fee if the amount of the transaction being returned is $20 or less. Learn about our Overdraft Protection and Overdraft Service options.
Documents & Disclosures
1The payment of transactions into overdraft is discretionary and we reserve the right to not pay. Generally, we do not pay overdrafts if you are not making regular deposits, or you have excessive overdrafts, or based on your account history and how you maintain your account. We may change your overdraft privileges due to poor account management. Our Overdraft Item Fee is $33 per item (max 4 per day). We will not charge you this fee if your balance is overdrawn by $20 or less, or the transaction overdrawing the account is $20 or less. Our Return Item Fee is $33 per item (max 4 per day). We will not charge you this fee if the amount of the transaction being returned is $20 or less. We may pay overdrafts for checks and other transactions using your account number and for automatic bill payments (ACH and recurring debit transactions), and if you give us permission, we may authorize and pay overdrafts for ATM transactions and everyday non-recurring debit transactions (individual debit card purchases such as grocery store or one-time online purchases). Our expectation is you bring your account to a positive balance immediately (including payment of all bank fees and charges).